Over the weekend, the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit reported 61 new cases of COVID-19. Of these 61 cases, 23 were reported on Saturday, 27 were reported yesterday, and 11 were reported today. The cases included 29 cases from contact with a confirmed case, 16 community-acquired cases, 4 outbreak related cases, 1 travel related case, and 5 cases that are under investigation. There are now 186 active cases in Windsor-Essex, with 123 of those being variants of concern cases. There are 5 workplace outbreaks, 4 school outbreaks, and 5 community outbreaks. In the hospital, there are 9 confirmed cases with none in the ICU. In Windsor-Essex, 86.0 per cent of individuals over 12 have received one dose, and 82.1 per cent of individuals over 12 have received two doses. In the regions where the highest number of cases were reported in the province today, Toronto reported 53 cases, Waterloo reported 49 cases, York reported 39 cases, Peel reported 39 cases, Niagara reported 29 cases, and Sudbury reported 23 cases. Across the province today, there were 480 cases of COVID-19. Yesterday, there were 636 cases, and on Saturday, there were 508 cases.
VACCINE POP-UP CLINICS
There will be pop-up vaccine clinics at the following locations this week. Vaccines are available to anyone over the age of 12 looking for their first or second dose. No health card or appointment required:
- Tuesday November 9 – Windsor-Essex Community Health Centre Sandwich Location, 3325 College Ave, Windsor from 10am to 3pm
- Tuesday November 9 – CMHA, 1400 Windsor Ave, Windsor, from 12pm to 4pm
- Wednesday November 10 – Windsor Bus Terminal Downtown, 300 Chatham Ave, Windsor from 9am to 4pm
- Wednesday November 10 – Leamington Municipal Building, Council Chambers, 111 Erie St N, Leamington from 10am to 3pm
- Friday November 12 – WECHU Leamington Office, 33 Princess St, Leamington from 9:30am to 3:30pm
- Friday November 12 – Leamington Municipal Building, Council Chambers, 111 Erie St N, Leamington, from 10am to 3pm
LOCAL COVID-19 PUBLIC EXPOSURE NOTIFICATIONS
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit has updated their public exposure notifications list with two new possible places of exposure. For the list, click here: https://www.wechu.org/public-exposures.
COVID-19 IN LOCAL SCHOOLS
CSC Providence has reported more cases at Saint-Jean-Baptiste Catholic Elementary School with four active cases and three classes in isolation.
Up-to-date COVID-19 information on confirmed cases and outbreaks from each school board can be found here:
French Catholic: https://www.cscprovidence.ca/apps/pages/index.jsp...
Windsor Essex Catholic District School Board: https://www.wecdsb.on.ca/about/covid19/outbreaks
Greater Essex County District School Board: https://www.publicboard.ca/.../COVI.../Pages/default.aspx...
Please stay safe and continue to follow all public health guidelines.